The Demartini Method®
The Demartini MethodⓇ is used for the purpose of balancing out any subjectively distorted perspectives, unrealistic expectations, imbalanced perceptions, or polarised emotions so as to reduce stress, resolve internal or external conflicts and assist in empowering and appreciating life.
The Demartini MethodⓇ is the culmination of over 46 years of human behavioural research and 28 years of actual practical application or facilitation extending to clients of all ages, cultures and educational or vocational backgrounds. There are approximately 4,000 Demartini MethodⓇ facilitators throughout the world. Hundreds of thousands of individuals have experienced facilitation of The Demartini MethodⓇ from most countries throughout the world.
The Demartini MethodⓇ, developed by Dr John Demartini, is a scientific methodology that balances perceptions and emotions. It is being used professionally by many psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, educators, consultants, coaches, health professionals and business and world leaders throughout Planet Earth. The Demartini MethodⓇ is a tool with 1000 uses for empowering and inspiring life and its applications include reducing stress, resolving conflict and creating a new perspective and paradigm for a more fulfilling life.
As a professionally trained facilitator of The Demartini MethodⓇ, I would love to inform you in advance that I do not diagnose or treat disease, prescribe drugs, provide therapy or solve legal problems. Therefore, I am not here to take the place of your doctor, therapist, or lawyer. I am simply going to provide you a new and more profound way of perceiving your life. I will provide you with a leading-edge transformational methodology that can help you create significant changes in your perceptions and attitude toward, and actions in, life. I am also here to help you learn how to change any distressful situation you might encounter into a more fulfilling condition or experience.
The potential benefits and rewards of apply The Demartini MethodⓇ include:
- Dissolving internal and/or external conflicts.
- Reducing specific stresses by transforming distresses into eustresses.
- Balancing out subjectively distorted perspectives, unrealistic expectations, imbalanced perceptions, or polarised emotions (anger, shame, guilt, pride, infatuation, resentment, fear, grief, mania, depression…).
- Discovering the hidden order in your apparent chaos.
- Reducing the As (anger and aggression), Bs (blame and betrayal), Cs (criticism and challenge), Ds (despair and depression) and Es (escape and exit) of negativity associated with unrealistic expectations on yourself or others, the world, or objects.
The potential drawbacks and risks of apply The Demartini MethodⓇ include:
- Challenge and frustration undergoing sustained introspection (looking within), extrospection (looking outside of you), retrospection (looking into the past) and circumspection (all of the above).
- Temporary psychophysiological reactions due to confronting any distorted perspectives, unrealistic expectations, imbalanced perceptions, or polarised emotions including headaches, nausea, fatigue, spasms, cramps, mental fog.
- Challenge associated with realising how many distorted perspectives, unrealistic expectations, imbalanced perceptions, or polarised emotions are actually being harbored.
- Challenge of having and living with new outlooks or more balanced perspectives.
- Possible change in social friendships or associations due to new outlooks or more balanced perspectives.
- Potential shift in priorities.
By not applying The Demartini MethodⓇ a client could remain caught harbouring imbalance and clouded emotional states of mind, which could trap them in the burdens of the past or fantasies of the future which could also disempower them and hold them back from overall stability and life fulfilment.
Although many of the traditionally established or new alternative methods have demonstrated some merits and have their own rewards and risk many of them are based upon the animal model of psychology involving predator (perpetrator) - prey (innocent victim), which encourage a separation of cause and effect and perpetuate imbalance states of mind including fantasies, fears, pride, guilt/shame, blame, resentment, infatuation, grief… mono-polar addictions result in bipolar outcomes. The search for that which is unavailable (just (+) monopole) and the avoidance of that which is unavoidable (opposite (-) monopole) is the source of human ‘suffering’.
The Demartini MethodⓇ assists clients in breaking through their limiting habits of unfulfilling behaviour as behavioural therapists do. It alters maladaptive ways of perceiving and thinking as cognitive-behavioural therapists do. It dissolves conscious and unconscious conflicts and adverse childhood and adulthood experiences as psychodynamic therapists do. It transforms unwise ways of interacting with others as interpersonal therapists do. It helps people find their own solutions to life problems as person-centered therapists do.
The Demartini MethodⓇ is a set of systematic pre-determined series of questions directed toward the objective of bringing the individual to a state of full conscious awareness and a momentary state of equanimity, presence and certainty, and to their physical body a momentary feeling of gratitude and true appreciation. These questions will assist their client in neutralising their emotional charges and balancing their mental and physical reactions thereby helping them centre their mind and body, bringing wellness.
The individual will undergo a continuous thinking process and writing action repeated over a course of time that results in a resolution of dis-equilibrated perceptions, thereby assisting them in discovering the underlying order governing their apparent daily chaos.